Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nice Things Happen in Threes

My Grandma used to be very determined that bad things happen in threes, to the point that if she dropped a cup, she would pick two she didn't like out of her cupboard and smash them on the floor, just to break the cycle.  This superstition has made me wonder a few times, especially when I was bit by a monkey, then a few months later a rabid dog... I had to wonder what would be next... shark perhaps?

Anyways, today I had three nice things happen all in one afternoon.
1. I was on a bus late in the afternoon and a high school student very chivalrously offered me his seat.  I then watched the same boy and his friend help a lady get her pram off her the bus when it stopped a little bit too far away from the curb.  Just when I was beginning to think that teenagers are all a bit feral, they proved me wrong.

2. A few minutes later, I got a text from a total stranger who only lives a few blocks away from me, that the postman had made a mistake and delivered some post for me to their flat (lucky my number was on the parcel), and would I like to come and pick it up, or did I want them to drop it off?  Lucky they were nice.

3. I was in the city looking at the lights for the Vivid festival, and after wandering around the Harbor (where the bridge and the opera house are, for anyone who is maybe a bit unfamiliar with Sydney landmarks), and when I decided to jump on the bus to head home, I put my ticket in the little green box thingy by the driver, but it didn't go through, and the driver just waved me on with a smile to go and sit down, so I got a free bus ride home.

This isn't a very exciting post really, so to spice it up a bit, I'll tuck in a couple of pictures of the lights in the city...



1 comment:

  1. this post made me smile. grandma's cup breaking is something I will never forget about her :)

    ReplyDelete