Saturday, June 23, 2012

Kumare

After my last post on questionable teachers, and making fun of the new Yoga Teacher Barbie, I thought that I would try to say something nice in my next post.  Maybe write about something a little more thought provoking.

But.

This morning I saw a link to a trailer of the film Kumare.  This guy pretends to be a guru and winds up with a following of people believing everything he says.  It looks absolutely fascinating. 



This is something I would definitely like to watch in full.  There are people who go out into the world and call themselves gurus and gather a following in earnest.  This spiritual skeptic does it as a social experiment, just to see if it can be done.  I am dying to see how his followers react when he exposes Kumare as a character, an entirely put-upon guise.

It also makes me appreciate the parampara of Ashtanga yoga.  

Any thoughts?  

No comments:

Post a Comment