Friday, March 16, 2012

A sigh of relief

It has been a while since I last wrote anything, but now that my feet appear to be on solid ground, it feels like the right time to get back at it.  Between leaving Mysore and now, I have passed through 5 airports in four countries, and have slept in one hotel bed, one hostel bed, and in spare rooms/tents with 5 different friends.  The generosity that I have experienced in the last few weeks is mind blasting.  If any of you kind people/families happen to read this, please know that I truly appreciate having been warmly welcomed, fed, and watered in your homes. 

Upon arrival in Sydney, and in the last of the spare rooms, my first order of business was in finding a place to stay.  On the way to the house from the airport, I was taken across the famous bridge, and driven around a little side street to see the equally famous opera house.  What a welcome to the city.  The first full day I was here I managed to get an apartment viewing appointment, and loved it, so Tuesday I will be moving into a flat where I hope to stay for a long while.  Too much moving around.  Yesterday I caught up with a couple of friends from Mysore who happen to also be in town, and spent a large part of the day walking and getting oriented in the city.  One of the highlights of the day was the brown rice sushi roll I had for lunch.  The subtle flavors were a refreshing change after 3 months of Indian food.

So a new leg of the journey begins here in Sydney.   On Tuesday I can shift into the flat, and hopefully from there I can really settle in to the city.  Some exploring will definitely be essential.  More adventures are sure to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment