Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Whirlwind

The home stretch until departure for Mysore is looking crazy.  I think I have 2 days off in the next 25.  Should be interesting. 

Things are starting to really take off at the farm, beans are growing like crazy and yesterday lots of tomatoes, eggplants and chillies went in the veggie beds.  Carrots need more love, the greens are taking their time, and the compost we used is looking not quite ideal, but life is there, and growth is there, so now it is a matter of waiting and watering and weeding.  Time will tell

I have a big list of things to do before I head to India, one of those things (at the top of the list) is to  apply for my visa.  Knowing the loopholes that can come up in Indian bureaucracy, I will try and get it sorted this afternoon so there is lots of time and no need to worry about it.  Other things to think on.... such as the degree of urgency of purchasing new yoga tights.  My tights are all a little baggy these days, as the combo of practicing and teaching and farming is a bit hard to keep up with calorically.  Is a wee bit of bum crack visibility in practice inappropriate?  YES.  Will the amount of sweat that I can produce in the Mysore shala keep them from slipping?  Not sure.  It's been cool in the yoga room here for the early bird special lately, so I haven't been able to test it out.    Enough about sweat and bum crack visibility. 

Also of importance:  popsicles.  A batch of fruity popsicles went in the freezer about an hour ago and I can't wait for them to freeze so I can sample one.  It would blow my mind if they were anything but delicious though.  They consist of fresh strawberries, the juice of one lemon, a medium sized sploosh of orange juice, and a small sploosh of creamy coconut milk.  Everything gets blended, sampled (YUM!) and then frozen in a popsicle making tray thingy.  Then the hardest part is waiting for them to actually freeze. 

I am rambling.  Perhaps a nap is in order? 

No comments:

Post a Comment