Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giving thanks and weekend updates

This weekend marks thanksgiving in Canada, and it is one of the few holidays that I find nice to celebrate.  No real commercial push to buy more stuff to make people like you better, just an occasion to get together with friends and family and acknowledge the fact that it is good to be alive.  And it IS good to be alive!  I am in a beautiful place surrounded by beautiful people doing something that I love.  What more could I ask for?

Updates:
The ticket to Mysore has been purchased, so my trip is really happening; November 28th I go for a third encounter with Mother India. 

Another change of house will be happening on Thursday, the little Sumatran bungalow was almost too good to be true, and now it is already time to go. 

The kiwi is unpredictable.  Some days he is full of love and lets it all shine on out, other days he is a storm cloud of negativity.  Impossible to predict. 

The farm is about to swing into full gear with a big week of planting coming up.  The last week or two has involved me pulling an epic mountain of weeds from around the raised beds in preparation for transplanting the seedlings. 

My yoga practice has been feeling good, with a steady mind and surprisingly steady level of energy as well, considering all the other things I have going on.  After I wrote about the seven deadly headstands a few weeks back, I was instructed to start practicing them that very same day... and I didn't wobble or fall out of a single one.  My mind had prepared me for complete failure, and it wasn't the case.  Maybe I should stop doubting my strength?  Doing the intermediate series from start to finish feels good, and all the backbending is helping to keep my body balanced with all the hunching forward raking/forking/weeding movements that I am doing on the farm.  Farming and yoga go together quite well it seems!

My sister is having her baby quite soon, and as much as we don't have the closest relationship, I am already feeling an awful lot of love for this little person that has yet to come into the world.

Enough writing for today.  I am going to take a bubble bath and relax before another hard week of manual labour.  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment