Saturday, April 23, 2011

Long Weekend=Madness in Paradise

I have been really enjoying the mellow feel of Dunsborough, and every time a long weekend happens, this sleepy little town turns to absolute chaos.  The farmers market changed locations today to accommodate the crowds, and trying to weave my way through the swarming mob of visitors was reminiscent of the markets in India.  Madness!  The local newspaper reported that pretty much all accommodation is booked out for the weekend, and I don't doubt it... the population has at least tripled for the next few days.  Samudra has been pretty crazy too, lots of people doing drop-in classes which means lots of people who don't really know what they are doing and need lots of one-on-one attention.  This is when the apprentices such as myself come in very handy.  Next week will be just as hectic, apparently the mayhem doesn't end until after NEXT weekend.  Maybe if I am still around for Easter 2012 I will take a week off and go to Perth where it will be lovely and quiet.  Now there is a plan.

In other news, I have been crocheting up a storm trying to make a big stock of toques/beanies, mittens and who knows what else, so that I can set up a stall at the market one weekend soon, perfect timing seeing as how autumn is in the air, and winter is just around the corner.  How many crocheted items do I have to sell to pay for my next trip to India?  On that note, I suppose I should stop typing and get busy crafting.

Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment