Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Little Princes

The time I spent at Odanadi during my trip to India was a big eye opener about the harsh reality of human trafficking, and it has been on my mind constantly since I left my little sisters and brothers at the Odanadi Seva Trust behind in Mysore.  The memories of those sweet, brave little faces are printed indelibly upon my memory, and I can't wait to see them again when I go back for my next visit.  Since I have been visiting my parents in Canada I have been reading a LOT and I came across a book called "Little Princes" by a young American author, Conor Grennan.  He signed up to volunteer at an orphanage in Nepal to justify a year of traveling and as a way to impress the ladies, but once he got there he fell head over heels in love with the kids and his motivations to do something about human trafficking escalated to the point of putting his life on hold to live in Nepal and reunite as many of these children with their families as possible, in the meantime ensuring they were cared for and educated.  An interesting read and a cause that I hold near and dear to my heart.  If you come across it, it is well worth the time.

Check out http://www.nextgenerationnepal.org/ for the bigger picture.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment