Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

So 2011 is upon us, and here I sit typing up a blog entry, swaddled in full arctic gear and a blanket, shivering and cursing the whole concept of winter.  My yoga practice has gone from feeling fantastic to geriatric pretty much overnight, and I roll out my mat each morning with a space heater cranked up full tilt and sporting long johns over my yoga gear, along with a snazzy pair of legwarmers.  Nose:bleeding and runny.  Eyes: itchy.  Hands and feet: numb.  Lips: chapped.  Do I miss tropical weather?  ABSOLUTELY.

That said, I will try to look on the bright side of things.  It has been a pretty fabulous year with lots of amazing learning experiences, adventures, and new friendships.  My  passport has gotten a major workout with all the traveling I have done, and it has made me believe firmly in the idea that there is a very valid form of education that comes out of seeing the world.  There have been incredible people everywhere I have visited, and I am pretty grateful for all the kindness that strangers have shown me.  Many of these strangers turned into highly valued friends, and it has been gratifying to share so many of my adventures with them.

What's on the agenda for next year is a question many people, including my family, would like to know, and now that I flew across the world back to Canada I had intended to settle down in Victoria for a bit.  The universe is clearly not done messing with me however, because two days after I arrived I was surprised with a really amazing possibility that would take me to Australia for the next year, more or less, which is an idea I had been toying with before I left India.  So that is all up in the air at the moment.  Again.  What to do. 

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions for what to do?  Any preferences for what I blog about?  Write me some comments, send me some feedback, it is great to hear what people are thinking.  I have been amazed by the number of readers lately, and the global scope of my audience... even though I only have 6 followers, the stats record shows me that I have passed 800 readers in the last few months.  Hurray, and thanks for thinking I am interesting!

Happy New Year!


*For anyone who was wondering, my mum is out of the hospital and waiting for test results.  Send some positivity and healthy thoughts her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment