Monday, December 13, 2010

On the road again!

Last week I left Mysore with a lot of warm wishes and love, and it was really hard to just pack up and go.  My previous trip was entirely different; I enjoyed my three months but I was ready to leave at the end of it.  This time there were many tears and a lot of sad goodbyes, and it was a litttle surprising because I haven't had that reaction to leaving a place and a group of people in a very long time.  Arriving in Sri Lanka was a pretty smooth transition though, and after a short flight and a long bus ride along a gorgeous coastal road I was reunited with some dear friends from Canada who I haven't spent nearly enough time with over the last year or two.  More thoughts on Sri Lanka to come, but let's just say for now that it is pretty amazing to be practicing, drinking coconuts, and then jumping into the ocean for a swim.  Now the question is how long should I stay, and then where do I go from here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment